Join our Team
We are the Business Intelligence team, an integral part of the TELUS Business Marketing organization. We are a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and engaged team driven to rapidly respond and adapt to the changing needs of Canadian business customers including Small, Medium and Large businesses. We as an organization Stand with owners, and are passionate in enabling our business customers with state of the art technology and solutions as they focus on what they are best at. We are the destination of choice for transformation enthusiasts who enjoy challenging the status quo and enable a data driven marketing organization.
Reporting to the Director, Business Intelligence & Customer 360, the Senior Strategy Manager will own the development of the strategic roadmap for the BI team, as well as playing a key role in driving transformational initiatives including data governance, cloud migrations and accelerating offshore capabilities.
● Drive vision and strategy for the business intelligence, and analytics tools and systems
● Partner with cross functional teams including IT, Infrastructure and Internal analytics teams and drive a road map
● Own the data architecture and draw a blueprint for single source of customer data
● Evolve and accelerate our offshore BI strategy and Google Cloud Transformation program
● Lead, develop and monitor strategic initiatives to ensure our team is progressing on critical projects; and raise opportunities to better support them
● Streamline decision-making and communications by managing key governance forums
● Spearhead executive-level storytelling and deck building by cutting through the noise and synthesizing complex information into simple, meaningful recommendations
● Incorporate best in class change management in all of our programs and processes as we implement new and different ways of doing things; empathize and incorporate stakeholder feedback while still driving momentum
You are the missing piece of the puzzle
● Big Thinker: strategic, critical, visionary, innovative
● Compelling Communicator: clear, concise and influential in all aspects of communication, including compelling storytelling and visual presentation to executive audiences
● Relationship Builder: exceptional collaboration, relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills
● Problem Solver: skilled at the fundamentals of taking a problem, examining the challenge through a creative lens, designing innovative recommendations and executing on those recommendations
● Project Manager: demonstrated facilitation and project management skills including the ability to leverage technology (Google, Microsoft, Data products) to build your own analysis, tools and presentations
● Driver: balances strategic thinking with tactical action to drive results; able to move seamlessly from strategy to tactics and from working with senior leaders to frontline leaders
● Juggler: ability to handle multiple assignments with constant reprioritization, while driving major projects to successful completion
Great to have:
● You are skilled analytically and have a strong understanding of SQL.
● You are familiar with cloud technologies, analytical tools and the data vendor ecosystem (e.g. Snowflake)
● Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or other related field required. MBA a plus
● Experience in strategy or management consulting environment
● 5-7 years of equivalent experience in data strategy and driving programs
What TELUS can offer you:
● Work in an organization that actively supports your personal development with leading edge training and development tools
● A fast paced, learning environment where we are constantly looking to grow and improve
● A strong team culture underpinned by team members who take pride and personal accountability in their work
● Opportunities to excel and show your stuff – work on high value and high visibility projects – this is one of the top priorities within the TELUS Business Solutions team
● The satisfaction of making a direct impact on TELUS business results while getting direct feedback from the frontline team members and customers impacted by your work
● An organization that actively supports you giving back to your community
Who we are
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. As a part of our team, you help make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents are valued and respected here.
Do you share our passion?
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Other Locations: CA-QC-Montreal, CA-AB-Calgary, CA-AB-Edmonton, CA-BC-Vancouver