JBK Warehousing & Distribution is a leading 3PL provider based in Ontario, with locations in GTA and Ottawa area, offering a full range of integrated logistics services, including international air/ocean import/export transportation, warehousing, storage, distribution, customs for local and global businesses, as well as fulfilment solutions for e-commerce. Our extensive global network covers over 80 different countries, ensuring delivery all over the world.
With the increasing demand from the rapid growth of e-commerce channels in particular, JBK is provided with immense opportunities to grow in a booming global 3PL market.
The Position: Marketing Specialist
To assist us in seizing the opportunities for larger market share and support us in growing our customer base globally, we are currently seeking an international marketing specialist to help generate leads and secure new businesses. This opportunity entails reaching out to exporters, e-commerce retailers, primarily in East Asia regions, with market in North America, to offer our logistics services. The successful candidate must have an entrepreneur spirit, solid marketing and sales background and oral and written competency in Chinese and/or other East Asian languages.
Employment Term: Full-time, Permanent
Compensation: $40-45/HR, 30-40 Hours per week
Work Location: North York, Ontario
• Create, manage, and execute strategic marketing plans to increase our customer base globally, especially in East Asia Regions, enhance our company image and amplify our company presence in both online (social media, blog, etc.) and offline (events, networking, etc.) environments to potential customers.
• Research, brainstorm, develop and prepare advertising contents with the assistance of sales and management teams.
• Present the values, attributes, and characteristics of JBK logistics services to prospective and existing customers.
• Develop relationships with clients globally via prospecting, cold calling, emailing, social media, etc.
• Develop and organize workshops, meetings, and other events for publicity and information purposes.
• Work with sales team to explore and identify prospective business opportunities, negotiate, and close deals.
• Develop marketing and informational materials to be published regularly on popular social media platforms and brochures for direct mailing/emailing.
• Work in liaison with other social/traditional media outlets when necessary.
• Ongoing monitoring and analysis of competition’s marketing materials and service offering to ensure JBK’s offerings and value remain leading edge and competitive.
• Design questionnaires, conduct surveys and analyze data on the needs and preferences of potential clients for logistics services to drive service improvement and retention.
• Follow up with clients to assess the quality of services offered.
• Track marketing strategy result closely and create detailed reports with data analysis and other feedback and adjusting marketing plans as needed.
• Work with commercial accounts managers on client retention as may be required.
• Other tasks as may be needed.
• A minimum of 5 years of hands-on marketing and sales experience, preferably with target market in East Asia regions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, ideally in Chinese and/or other East Asian languages.
• Extensive social media as well as traditional media experience with proven record of content development success in promotional, informative and selling materials.
• Extrovert personality with strong networking and negotiating skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Organized with ability to manage multiple demands still with an eye for details.
• Ability to willingness to travel internationally and work evenings and weekends as may be required in order to connect and contact prospective customers across different time-zones.
• High proficiency in office computer skills.