Active Fire and Safety Services Ltd. is looking for full time Assistant Pipe Fitter for our location in 12110 86 Ave, Surrey, BC, V3W 3H7. There are 10 positions available.
Main duties are as follows but not limited to:
• Load and unload materials, and move materials to work areas
• Cut openings for pipe walls, floors and ceilings using tools such as pipecutter, hammer and pipe cutting machine
• Assist pipefitters in cutting, threading and bending pipes as per the requirement
• Assist in brazing, soldering and threading joints to join pipes
• Secure pipes to structure with brackets and clamps
• Remove and replace defective components
• Assist in installing valves and control systems
• Test pipe system for leaks
• Assist in connecting piping systems to water main, supply tanks, pumps, compressors and control equipment
• Clean up materials
• Oil and grease hoists and similar equipment
• Perform and other necessary activities at work sites as directed
Hours of work are 40 hours per week at $25/hour. Successful candidates must speak English and no schooling is required. Minimum work experience is 1 year of hands-on experience.
Please send resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org