Job requirements – Full time 40 hours a week – Salary – $27.00-$30.00/hr. based on experience
Business Address/Location of Work:
166 Bowes Road | Concord Ontario L4K 1J6
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate and completion of a two- to three-year apprenticeship program or Over three years of work experience.
· 3 years or more
· Experience with TPO, EPDM,
· 2ply and 4ply systems are a bonus.
Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
May estimate materials required and quote costs.
Install or replace asphalt shingles, wood shingles and shakes and masonry or baked clay roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
· Establish safe equipment handling; ensure everyone on the worksite is always working in a safe, secure manner.
· Applicants need to be in good physical shape; this line of work requires a lot of lifting, standing and hammering.
· Roofing laborers should not be afraid of heights and should be comfortable working high up off the ground.
· Good personal service skills are essential: roofers need to be kind and respectful whenever on a worksite.
Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Dependability; Reliability; Organized
· Year-round employment