Company operating name: Oak Wisdom Learning
Business Address: Richmond, BC
Title of Position: Kids Outdoor Program Leader/Instructors (NOC 5254)
Position Available: 1
Job Type: Full-time (30 – 40 hours per week)
Wage: $22 – $24 per hour
Language required: English
Work Location: Richmond, Vancouver, Delta BC
Oak Wisdom Learning follows the Forest School philosophy and runs a play-based, all-outdoors, all-weather program to foster deep connection between children and the natural world. We are dedicated to promote and facilitate the cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development of children through playing, inquiring and learning alongside in the gardens, fields, and forests. It is our mission to create a natural environment that helps children develop confidence, resilience and a sense of wonder, ultimately empowering children to promote achievement and develop lifelong skills.
Oak Wisdom Learning is looking for a enthusiastic, nurturing outdoor educator to join our programs for full-time. We are seeking to grow our team with educators who enjoy sharing their appreciation of nature with children and who are willing to commit to ongoing learning.
· Create lesson plan with different themes and activities that encourage emergent, play-based learning experiences for students aged 3-10
· Prepare for the daily classes, songs, games, arts and crafts, activities and other materials as needed
· Support children in their exploration and extend their learning by carrying out lesson plans and encouraging inquiry
· Ensure the safety of all children at all times, including but not limited to: forest play, water play and farm activities, assess risk as needed
· provide emergency or first aid assistance as needed
· Enforce safety rules and always supervise children while they are in your care
· Support guest speaker on guest speaker events and attend external events as needed
· Document observations of each child’s interests and progress and communicate with managers as needed
· Responsible for the maintenance, restocking and storing of equipment of program tools and equipment
· Attend company meeting, complete paperwork and administrative support
Work Site Environment
· Prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions (excluding extreme conditions,
· Completion of secondary school is required.
· 1 year of experience in outdoor education, biology or natural resources program activity is required
· Teaching experience or experience working with children, ages 3-10 is preferred
· Training in Standard First Aid is required
· Current Clear criminal record check
Oak Wisdom Learning promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants. Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Students, Youth and Apprentices are welcome to apply.
How to apply: Please reply to this post directly with your resume and cover letter or email to firstname.lastname@example.org