The Cook will prepare and cook a wide variety of African and Caribbean foods.
This position seeks a person with experience in cooking foods from Ghana and Africa. It is designed for a highly qualified and proven professional in the restaurant industry, who is very results-driven with an outstanding work ethic and willingness to join a growing organization.
• Completion of Secondary school is required;
• Six years of work experience in the restaurant setting is required;
• Several years of commercial cooking especially African dishes is required;
• Good understanding of the restaurant industry;
• excellent organizational, problem solving skills;
• proficient at multi-tasking;
• ability to communicate in English;
• computer literate, and experienced in the use of MS office; and
• bondable; criminal record check.
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
• Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers;
• Prepare dishes such fufu,kenkey,eba, red red, egusi, green green;
• Oversee kitchen operations;
• Maintain inventory of and records of food, supplies and equipment;
• May set up and oversee buffets;
• May clean kitchen and work area;
• May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies;
• May hire and train kitchen staff.