An Estimator/Project Manager at Lopes Limited is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
The ideal candidate is passionate about design/build and knowledgeable in the areas of manufacturing, industrial design, engineering, etc. We employ strong individuals with a team-based approach to getting things done.
Having an insatiable drive to understand how things are assembled and broken down is not only encouraged, but necessary to succeed in the role.
***Remote work is NOT feasible for this position***
· Manage project risk by thoroughly estimating the scope, specifications, market conditions, etc. from budgetary information to set details
· Work with other departments and disciplines to optimize project deliverables
· Determine and implement the best course of action to have a project constructed – from kickoff to post-mortem
· Perform material take-offs from construction drawings & review project specifications
· Plan, price and coordinate material, labour and outsourcing requirements
· Prepare, present and review project estimate considering scope and drawings
· Issue estimates and quote letters to clients
· Close/negotiate tenders with clients
· Transform the tender documents into workable production package for the shop to fabricate
· Procure materials and align subcontractors to meet project deadlines
· Liaise with clients to build and maintain a trusting relationship, and ongoing satisfaction
· Manage project schedule. Ensure that production and shipping scheduling meet the client’s needs
· Communication through every facet and stage of the project; internal & external clients, internal production team, necessary vendors, subcontractors.
· 5+ years of experience in estimation and project management with experience in the industrial construction industry including estimating, specifically in custom fabrication and piping
· Mechanical Engineering Bachelors’ degree
· Self-starter, self-motivated
· Takes care and pride in work
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English
· Ability to work in both a fast-paced, team environment and/or independently
· Well organized, able to multi-task and have strong problem-solving capabilities
· Knowledge of steel fabrication methodologies and blueprint/drawing reading and interpretation
· Proficiency in standard estimating and project software
· Proficiency in the Microsoft suite, focusing primarily on Excel.
· Experience in cost control, tender process and maintaining project information
· Experience with CAD software
· Own transportation is required
Lopes Limited delivers excellence in industrial and institutional construction, maintenance and fabrication. Lopes offers services ranging from custom and structural steel fabrication to piping, electrical, ventilation & dust collection systems, civil, scaffolding and structural steel erection.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Lopes is committed to the principle of equity in employment. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: 84 Smelter Rd, Coniston, ON, P0M 1M0
Phone number 705.694.4713/ Fax 705-694-4122 /Jobs@lopesltd.com
For more information visit: www.lopesltd.com
Wage range: $65,000 – $80,0000
Benefits include : extended health, vision, dental and RRSP
Permanent & Full time (40 hours per week). Monday to Friday. Day shift.
Reference ID: 24112020
Tagged as: 24112020