Are you an experienced Project management professional? If you thrive in a team environment and are looking for interesting and challenging project work, this is a great opportunity to join the team that is building Alberta’s future!
The Capital Projects Delivery division at Alberta Infrastructure is currently looking to fill permanent and temporary Project Manager positions across Edmonton and Calgary.
Reporting to a Senior Project Manager or Director as a Project Manager you will be responsible for:
• Directly managing the delivery of assigned projects including new schools, courthouses, health, and other capital projects as assigned.
• Defining project requirements with clients and coordinating the in-house activities of team members, consultants and contractors.
• Ensuring project scope, time, cost and quality objectives are met.
• Ensuring all phases of project activities comply with government and ministry legislation, policies, guidelines, standards and procedures.
• Working with stakeholders and industry to achieve results, requiring extensive professional knowledge of project management principles and utilizing project controls including knowledge of procurement, design and construction disciplines.
As a Project Manager you must be able to manage the diverse priorities of project team members, communicating clearly to resolve issues while respecting project scope, schedule, and budget constraints. To be successful in this role you require strong decision-making and negotiation skills to resolve issues relating to design proposals, progress claims, fee determination, construction contract delays, or extra cost claims. In this role you will be required to build collaborative working relationships with clients, senior leadership including representatives of Government departments, boards and agencies.
Skills and Qualifications:
• A completed university degree (4 years) in Architecture, Engineering in a related field (such as Civil, Construction, etc.) and a minimum of four years of project management experience is required.
• Experience in building design and construction,
• Experience in contract management and managing interdisciplinary teams
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Equivalencies will be considered on a one for one basis i.e. One year of education for One year of experience and One year of experience for One-year education.
Note: Your related education and experience outside Canada will also be considered provided valid education assessment report and references are submitted at the pre-employment check stage. We highly encourage aspiring newcomers in Canada with relevant education and experience to apply.
For more details on eligibility and how to apply, visit: https://jobpostings.alberta.ca/job/Calgary-Project-Manager/559437117/