We are currently seeking a Baker for our shop in Dartmouth, NS.
The baker will prepare a variety of pastries in our shop to serve our customers.
This position seeks a person with experience in baking. It is designed for a highly qualified and proven
professional in the baking industry, who is very results-driven with an outstanding work ethic and willingness
to join a growing organization.
• Completion of secondary school is usually required.
• On-the-job training may be provided.
• Completion of a three- or four-year baker apprenticeship program, completion of a college baking
program, or several years of commercial baking experience is usually required.
• 2-3 years’ work experience as baker is required.
• Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified bakers upon successful completion of the
interprovincial Red Seal examination.
• Prepare dough, batters, and filings for cookies, cakes, frostings, etc according to recipes or special
• Bake mixed doughs and batters.
• Frost and decorate cakes or other baked goods.
• Ensure quality of products meets established standards.
• Adhere to health and safety guidelines.
• Draw up production schedule to determine type and quantity of goods to produce.
• Order necessary baking supplies.
• May sometimes oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods.
• May hire, train and supervise baking personnel and kitchen staff