AE Concrete Products is looking for CONCRETE OPERATORS.
Job Type: Full time / Permanent
Wages: $25.50 – $26.24
Location: 19060 – 54th Avenue, Surrey, BC V3S 3K9
Language: English (required)
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate (or equivalent) (preferred)
Work Experience: Experience an asset
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Saturday overtime optional
Available Shifts: Day and Afternoon shifts
Start Date: As soon as possible
Worksite Environment: Outdoors all weather conditions
Listed below are some of the benefits we offer at AE Concrete Products Inc.
• Competitive wages
• Health benefits – Medical, Dental, company matching RRSP
• Vacation Days – 10 business days after one year
• Training/Free Education Programs through our training fund
• Company provided; PPE, coveralls and rain gear
• Overtime available – work performed in excess of eight (8) hours per day and eighty (80) hours in a two (2) week pay period shall be paid at the rate of one and one-half (1½) times the regular rate of pay. Work performed in excess of eleven (11) hours per day or eighty-eight (88) hours in a two (2) week pay period shall be paid at the rate of two (2) times the regular rate of pay.
• Company events and social activities (on hold due to COVID-19)
About the Job:
The Concrete operators will report directly to the Lead Hand in the applicable department. All employees are expected to have a keen interest in health and safety and adequate knowledge of AE Concrete Products Inc. In addition, gain the knowledge on our procedures for equipment and products to perform the job duties efficiently and with a high level of quality.
• Some secondary school education may be required.
• On-the-job training is provided
• Experience in concrete, clay or stone products manufacturing is an asset
• Knows criteria for quality of own work
• Knows critical inspection points for relevant products
• Pursue internal training in forklift, propane, lean, quality, WSBC
• Learn to operate production equipment and tools pertaining to the position
• Able to lift up to 50lbs
· Position reinforcing rods or wire mesh in moulds and fill moulds with concrete from suspended pouring buckets;
· Start vibrating tables to settle concrete, or tamp concrete using electric vibrator;
· Remove castings from moulds with crane or forklift and finish surfaces of casting using screed or trowel;
· Cut cured concrete pipe sections with saw or chisel and cement sections together to form odd-shaped fittings;
· Set up, adjust and operate single-function machines to mix, grind concrete to specifications provided for concrete products.
· Positive Attitude
· Willingness to learn
· Communicate in a professional manner
· Flexible and adaptable to change
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to apply today for this exciting opportunity!
Email your resume.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those who
are shortlisted will be contacted.
Tagged as: manufacturing